Benefits & product details of Acerola powder
Natural vitamin C enrichment from the acerola cherry
The acerola cherry, which is native to South America, is known for its high vitamin C content. In dried form, the superfruit can be used for a variety of purposes:
• As a natural source of vitamin C, whereby the vitamin C in the fruit is characterised by a higher bioavailability when compared to the isolated, synthetic vitamin E300.
• As a natural antioxidant with technological effect; vitamin C from acerola is ideally suited for natural positioning, both as an improvement to the properties of dough, but also for the shelf life of meat products.
In comparison to the ascorbic acid E300, vitamin C from acerola also has the advantage that it does not carry an E number and is thus right in line with the clean label trend.
Our light yellow-greenish acerola powder is standardised to a natural 34% vitamin C content and has a slightly tart taste.
Various Health Claims for vitamin C are approved in Europe. These following indications on health are permitted with the proper dosing in the final products:
• Immune system
• Healthy bones and joints
• Heart/cardiovascular health
Health claims of having health-promoting effects, are possible from a dosage of 15% of the RDA value for vitamin C or above. We have calculated the required dose of acerola powder for you:
15% RDA --> 0.035 g acerola powder
30% RDA --> 0.071 g acerola powder
50% RDA --> 0.118 g acerola powder
Döhler’s acerola powder is ideal for:
• Applications in the dietary supplement segment
• Use as a natural antioxidant in baked goods and meat products
• Food applications, such as sweets or cereals
• Powder products with added value, such as protein shakes
• Quantity: 10kg
• Packaging: Cardboard box
Storage of Acerola powder
• Storage temperature T [°C]: 20°C
• Shelf life (days): 360
Delivery of Acerola powder
Quick and reliable delivery within a few days.
In-stock items are delivered within 2-5 business days via DHL or via the forwarding agency DSV for larger deliveries.
DELIVERY WITH DHL
DHL will deliver the ordered goods to the desired address. If you are not present when DHL attempts to deliver the goods, you will receive a note with information on the DHL parcel shop where you can pick up your order.
In case we are unable to ship the entire order at once, you will receive partial deliveries. This does not involve any additional shipping costs.
DELIVERY WITH FORWARDING AGENCY DSV
The logistics services provider DSV will call you to confirm the date and time of delivery.
DELIVERY TO DESIRED ADDRESS
When placing your order, you also have the option of specifying a different delivery address, provided that you have already placed an order in the past.